It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dont go to "PrivateAudioSchool" Summary and References 
AT Regular

LogicprObe said:

I thought we all did it for love.

Some of us (not me) are lucky enough to make enough to survive and keep doing it on a pro level and a few might make a real quid.

Come on that is a naive answer and one that I allowed for in my previous post.  If you understood what I said about music being a first order meta-language then and there are obvious examples of this idea of music being a first order meta-language why are we denigrating it so as to the point that it is irrelevant. 

I mean it may be alright to you to have an industry dominated by second level musical acts but to reach the divine as Robert Fripp says music can do and who Beethoven proved that you can, you need to devote yourself to this idea of music as a higher language but you can’t eat music.  Budda might disagree (it is rumoured that he ate hemp seeds only for ten years before he reached enlightenment) so to have the next progression and let's get it straight, that progression can only come from the first level of Robert Fripp's paradigm, how are we going to have that moment of progression if no artist can get to the first level.  The progression is not going to come from Lady Who Ha or that omni sexual alien (I remember having a haircut like that when I was two) Justin Beiber, they are barely performers or entertainers and they are certainly not doing it just for the love.

Ok so I am waxing lyrical again and way off topic!!

http://www.aaudiomystiks.com

Sun May 01, 2011 1:34 pm
AT Regular

I have met people that hate all forms of music. (weirdos, I know)

I remember working in the Coca Cola factory (to pay for my SG) and an old italian guy I used to chat with all the time reckoned those who hated music, had no soul!

Me, I don't believe in that soul stuff anyway but I got his drift!

My point is that there are a lot of different people in this world and most of them consume.

I think there has been a general dumbing down of society over the last 30 years and this has led to an acceptance of lesser standards than we might be used to or require.

Sun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm
AT Regular

turtlerock said:

Ok on to the next assertion that is mid priced equipment if used properly will once again do the job.  According to Rick O’Neil issue 44 pg 114 even your cheap microphone preamp has an optimum operating level and if used correctly will give good results. 

Ok once again not for everything acoustic music, classical, jazz all needs an audiophiles perspective but for those of us who operate out of their home digital recording has indeed arrived and this notion of quality no longer exsists.  It’s just up to the bedroom engineer or producer to enhance their knowledge so as to make this equipment operate in the words of Rick O’Neil at “Acoustic Critical Mass” ok he made that term up but the principles that he suggesting in this article are solid and what I have based my argument on.

Oh …ok.. good I got mentioned in some of Dr Hashs essays as well

I thought I might miss out for a while smile

Why all the words Dr hash  - you sound really angry   ?

"Put your headphones back on and listen to that last take on the song you are recording right now 

great innit ? - That is the only real currency of a career in audio – the internet is just a distraction to stop you getting  to  payday on time  "

umm … I made that up too smile

Hi Rick nice to meet you, I am angry, Rick and sprouting words because a) I have probably spent somewhere in the vicinity of $50,000 in the last 10 years and I am still going hungry!!!! and this does not include my $50,000 dollar education. (Ok perhaps I deserve it, after all I am egotistical, grandiose with an acerbic wit that tends to rub people up the wrong way) but at least I can admit it more than most in this industry.  Also once upon a time this was considered having talent (talent= being able to play instruments, sing and to have basic music theory) and this was the talent just being difficult but in this country because (ok now I am starting to drift into sociology) it is young in terms of its culture and it likes to believe that were so "classless and free" were not, were still fucken peasants as far as I can see.  The tall poppy syndrome rears its ugly head.

Look I have never said I was great or the best at what I do, nobody apart from Paul from Fat Pizza seems to like my music (thanks Paul, those few dollars you have put into my pocket have fed me once or twice) but I have dedicated myself to my art.  I have starved, begged borrowed and stolen, I have put every last penny I have into what I do, why, because I believe music is the purist form of language that we have apart from maths and music is a form of maths ask Pythagoras.  

This leads onto point b) Rick the music industry is in tatters, when Lady Who Ha starts proclaiming herself as a spokesperson for her generation (John Lennon, she aint) and we are now just crapping out the cookies that we heard last night over and over again.  I am not only going to get angry, I will go to war.

We seem to be patting ourselves on the back in this country, a lot, in terms of our music industry but I can't hear anything new, nothing that excites me and this is a shame, a crying shame because the music technology that we have now would make Mozart, Beethoven and any other number of greats cry. 

I listen to JJJ I watch rage and Video Shits; it's all just naked girls on video shits and autotuned boys.  Its self indulgent untalented men singing like little boys and woman singing like little girls on JJJ.

(Sorry here is my ego, go to my soundcloud site http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks, I will show you how to sing and no auto-tune, although I do use it as an effect and not in the fucken CHER way, IT CAN BE USED FOR SO MANY MORE THINGS THAN THAT)

We need to go further, how bored are you? of two guitars, bass and a singer.  How bored are you? of white skiphop garageband no talent crap being touted as great art.  I am not comfortable with this concept at all and I know music technology, if you invest some time into it, it can now create anything, at last we have arrived at the point that Beethoven wanted.  This is where if he could not play all the instruments himself he could at least sequence them and perform that.

So this is why I am angry and all shouty Rick, finally you are right about spending less time on the internet but as Mark Bolan suggested on the song Pain and Love creativity visits you less and less as you get older.  Of course there are ways to stimulate that creativity but at 35 and I have pushed my body hard, I am not willing to go there unless its last drinks.

Also as I have suggested the internet is the new economy, it's no longer about bums on seats or albums sold but hits on websites.

Ok rant over, did you just trick me Rick into making myself seem an even bigger twat than I was already perceived.

PS I am spending so much time on line at the moment because I am still waiting for my RHD to be approved or not. 

Thu May 26, 2011 2:02 pm
AT Regular

I would have thought that you'd learnt that a lot of luck is involved in this industry, Dr Hash.

As I have said, very few get to do it all the time and make a living from it.

just because you think you have talent and have spent a lot of money and time, does not entitle one to fame and fortune.

As for the good Lady, she is very talented...........and smart.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 pm
AT Regular

And to see her evolve..........this is a great song too.

Thu May 26, 2011 6:27 pm
AT Regular

Ok here we go again, I am not bitter, just angry and there is a big difference between bitter and angry!!!!  I am not really complaining as such, I have had a successful education and I have had a modicum of success elsewhere, what is there to be bitter about.  All I was saying is I would like a bit more in the cupboard for later.

I also have a studio full of equipment and toys not the least a TL Audio A2 mastering compressor, so I can even make my mixes sound pretty professional (sorry Rick don't need you, wouldn't mind knowing though what you are using at the moment in terms of mastering, I know it will be way better than what I am using and also wouldn't mind a masterclass as well) but as I say I am not bitter, just angry.  Angry is good, angry keeps you feeling alive, alive gives you energy and strength to continue when all around you have fallen, angry keeps the dogs of war at bay. 

And there is a lot to be angry about in this world, including Lady Who HA, no amount of so called evidence is going to convince me that this (CREATURE) and this is the only word I can think of for that beast, that she has talent!!!!

For example I watched some of that concert on 11 the other night, it was ridiculous, after telling the audience that she was going to Fudge New York, she disappears and puts on some ridiculous costume that she can't even sing in.  Most of the show from what I could tell was mimed, all so she could prance around in stupid costumes.

The other problem is she a pretend freak, underneath her meat costumes and all I am wearing is my underwear, is a scared little Jewish girl (its all right I have some Jew in me too, great grandfathers name Solomon Paul and I have had the holy chop) I can tell you I could out freak that little girl and then some.  Sorry not bitter not even angry, just presenting the facts "as I see them".

I posted a link in this forum the other day of Roger Waters and Dave Gilmour now that was a show, Roger sang all the words and Dave sang all his words and all on top of a massive wall. 

Come on what would you prefer, a real angry man, Roger, who did really spit in a fans eye (this is what inspired The Wall in the first place) or some scared little Jewish girl who a) doesn’t know her own sexuality (she doesn’t even like sex, according to her) even though she is out there all the time saying all this rubbish and half the time she is in the nude or real artists like Dave and Roger.

Finally we have seen the Lady Who Ha act all before and it was done much better, David Bowie was a true freak, ever hear about the time he was living in L.A and living off milk and cocaine.  He got so freaked out one night, he called his wife in England and told her that he was being held against his will by a clan of witches who wanted his blood or his sperm or something like that.  And don't get me started about the indomitable Keith Moon, anybody got a mini I can drive into a swimming pool!!!

Fri May 27, 2011 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next