It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
General Interface Setup, M-Audio FastTrack 
AT Newbie

Greetings, I am a novice when it comes to audio technology and production, but it's about time I learn more. I'm currently setting up an M-Audio FastTrack interface and I'm wondering how I can get my music library from my computer to run out of my powered speakers. I'm simply working with iTunes and a pair of KRK Rokit 5 powered speakers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Padraig.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:49 am
AT Regular

Buy one of these and you can take advantage of better quality audio from your soundcard. You also have volume control..http://www.arx.com.au/Australi.....usb_vc.htm.

Alternatively you could make a lead that goes from your headphone out (3.5mm stereo mini jack from computer) and connects to your 2 x powered speakers inputs (XLR, 6.5mm mono jack or RCA).

Hope this helps.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:12 am
AT Regular

You haven't mentioned what computer you are using (MAC/PC) or operating system.

In Windows all versions and this should be the same for MACS, I use the Sound icon in the control panel to change what is the default soundcard that ITunes uses.

It presents you with a list of options (The Sound Icon) including your on-board sound card (which if you are running a desktop PC, you should switch off) and you should see your M-Audio main outputs as well, just click on the main outputs and then make that your default outputs.

Ben

If you don't understand a word of this, just ask but tell me computer specifics. 

http://www.aaudiomystiks.com

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]